Friday, August 19, 2011

Hit a Worker

 Say what you mean and mean what you say.
I was taught that as a child and it has served me well,
way before I ever learned about 
NLP -Neuro Linguistic Programing

"I'm NOT being negative"
is a statement I often hear
that makes me laugh.

The fact that it's a double negative statement
is not equal to the mathematical cousin
creating a positive statement.

Your subconscious takes things literally and 
tries to make sense out of the limited information
it is given in sound bites.

When you say-"Don't you Dare run around that pool!" 
your mind will think- don't what?  
DARE!  RUN- around that pool!
It tends to ignore the negative and listen
to what you were talking about.

When you say WALK!  Your mind instantly, clearly
understands the message.

Listen to what you ACTUALLY say, 
not just what you meant to say.

One of my pet peeves is seeing signs
on the highway that tell you over and over again to 
HIT A WORKER
Get fined $1,000.

I am pretty sure that's not
what they want you to do.
As a matter of fact
I'm guessing what they meant was:

Use Caution! Men at work!
Safety Fines of $1,000 issued
to careless drivers.

While distracted drivers are 
flying by these signs with 
their conscious minds on 
everything BUT the road,
which is why there is a sign,
this message is being given
over and over again
to the subconscious!!!

Protect yourself!
Implant the idea now
that you will only accept
positive helpful thoughts
and messages.
Take a breath, close your eyes, say to your to yourself
several times:
I will only accept positive helpful thoughts and messages.

Allow yourself to become aware of how many negative messages surround you.
If you allow this suggestion to stay with you,
you will have a lot of fun recognizing all the silly
statements you see and hear on TV, radio and newspapers
that make no sense!

Feel free to share some of your favorites
with me!

1 comment:

  1. You'd think over the years I'd of learned to watch my mouth. unfortunately, I could never get used to carrying a mirror.......

    ReplyDelete